Thursday, April 19, 2012

Whats new

I was not in class for this Quest so instead I asked 5 people question about the future I had to think quite a bit about what question I was wanting to ask people I wanted to ask something that was relivent to me in my every day work so I decided to ask a question about cattle prices and what would happen to them in the next five years but also how that could effect or relate to the price of hay. The question was what do you think is going to happen to the price of cattle in the near future as well as in the next five years and do you think the price of cattle effects the price of hay.
The first person I interviewed was a hay broker out of camp verdi. The answer I received was that the price of cattle would probably hold steady for a while but taper of in the next five years. He also stated that not relay the price of cattle but the actule amount of cattle being fed dictated the price more than anything. 
The second person I asked was my boss a cattle rancher he said the he expected the cattle prices to take a small drop and than pick back up and in the next five years not be any lower than they are right now he said there will be some dips but overall they will hold. as far as the hay goes he said that inflation and the way the weather effects the crop will set hay prices.
The third person was a student from my math class he said that the price of cattle would not go down because nothing gets cheaper and said that hay prices must some how reflect cattle prices but he did not know how.
The fourth person was my mother she said that cattle prices would probably follow the trend of inflation and that hay prices would relate to cattle prices but where probably not directly related.
The last person was a was my bosses wife she also said that cattle prices would fluctuate but overall they would  hold fairly steady through  out the next five years and may increase a little as far as hay prices she said that she thought that is cattle men where making more money on there cows that they would probably have more money to spend on hay so hay would naturally go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment